Fort Nelson is home to the Royal Armouries' collection of artillery. There are two pieces of French artillery, captured in action by British forces.
This is a bronze 6 pounder field gun, made in 1813, named L'Avocat.
It fired a 2.7kgs projectile to around 550m.
It fired a 6.6kgs shell to around 8km and fired 8 - 10 shells per minute.