Tuesday 13 November 2012

Instruments of Death

Here in the UK, the TV channel "Yesterday" is showing a history series named "Instruments of Death". The programmes are centred around individual battles, the weapons that were used and the wounds they inflicted.

I watched the first programme, about the English Civil War battle of Naseby. The presenter talked about and demonstrated matchlock and doglock muskets, pikes, mortars and buff coat protection. This was very interesting for me because this is not a period I follow.

The next two programmes are about Towton (War of the Roses - another English civil war) and Hastings. I shall watch them with interest, particularly as Towton is only 10 miles from where I live. The Yesterday website does not have details of the remaining three programmes. If you can I recommend you watch the programmes.

No comments:

Post a Comment