Follow by Email

Tuesday, 12 August 2014

Remembering Robin Williams

Woke this morning to the news that Robin Williams has died at his home in California, aged just 63. This is a sad loss. I found him to be a genuinely funny man, starting from when he came to my notice in the television programme "Mork & Mindy".


Robin Williams and Pam Dawber as Mork & Mindy

One of my best cinema memories. In the very large Odeon Leicester Square to see the newly released "Good Morning Vietnam" - the film contains a number of in-jokes about Nixon - I had recently finished my degree which included a course in American Politics - so myself and another chap at the other side of the very full cinema were the only two people laughing - a very strange moment that should have made me very subdued but he was so funny, I could not help myself but laugh outloud.

Thank you Robin.

1 comment:

  1. Jumanji was our family favourite not to mention what you have already mentioned.

    ReplyDelete