Saturday 14 November 2015

U3A Talk - Wellington Invades France



On Thursday I delivered my talk to U3A York branch Military History Group, the subject being "Wellington Invades France 1813/1814".I believe it went down rather well, a full room of about 25 attendees, plenty of questions, no-one left or fell asleep, a number of thank-yous at the end. I was surprised that nobody knew of the campaign.

Even my hand drawn map was appreciated.



So - onto the next talk, to mark the 100th anniversary of the Battle of Verdun, I shall be talking on that subject in February.

Post-script.

This morning I was shocked and horrified to hear that Paris has witnessed another attack on civilians, with around 125 killed. This really saddens me and I am at a loss for words. My heart and my sympathies go to the families of the dead and injured.

No comments:

Post a Comment