Thursday 20 April 2017

Salute 2017


Saturday - I shall be travelling down to Excell London for Salute 2017. I am looking forward to it, very much.

The train journey, York to Kings Cross London, is just under two hours each way so I have chosen a good tome to read - Robert Doughty's "Pyrrhic Victory" - as part of my research for my next talk. With luck I should finish the two chapters on 1917.

Last year I went to Salute without a plan or an idea of which traders to see, so this year I have bought the April issue of Miniature Wargames as this is the "Show Special". I have identified several traders, principally for my ongoing Ottoman Army project. I am particularly interested to see Steve Barber Models and Essex Miniatures.

Recently I ordered a couple of siege pieces and a bag of artillerymen from Old Glory UK. I will visit them so they can tell me just what is this gunner supposed to be doing because I am flummoxed.



To me, he reminds me of someone doing that 1990's dance move that I've seen on television, you know, big box little box, but that cannot be right.


No comments:

Post a Comment