Wednesday 19 September 2018

Austin Seven


We live in a small country town, Easingwold, in North Yorkshire, population around 5000.

Twice or three times a month I see someone driving down the main street in an Austin Seven. These diminutive cars were made during the '20s and '30s and had a 747cc engine. The car was about half the size and weight of a Ford Model T. They were a very tight squeeze for four people, probably middle class families of two adults and two children.


Every time I see him, I want to stop the car and ask about the car and why and how much he drives it around. But I have not seen it parked anywhere and I wont try to stop the car as it goes down the street, there is a bit of a slope down the hill and I'm not sure how well the brakes work.




No comments:

Post a Comment