Tuesday 26 February 2019

Ebay purchases


Recently I have bid for and won a number of lots for my Ottoman project, some for figures and one for two model houses.

The houses were described as Arab, Afghan or Indian and cost less then £20 (GB Pounds) for both. Here is the bigger of the two






I like the build of the house and the basing is excellent but the pinkish colour and the green roof are not to my taste. Here is the smaller house after I repainted it.



As I said, the model and its basing are excellent. I looked at photographs of old houses in the Middle East and some 19th century paintings of the area, plus my own travel in the area, I feel very happy with this colour scheme.


This is the best figure purchase, 33 artillery figures and a wheelbarrow for 22 pounds. The top row are Old Glory. Row two shows six Hinchliffe and four Essex Miniatures. Rows three and four are unknown to me but were in a bag with a "Bearsden Miniatures OT9" sticker. I have searched for more details of or a catalogue of Bearsden but unable to trace one.


I also won a bag of Minifigs Ottoman Azabs for 14 pounds. The first four are not Ottoman but figures from their Sword & Sorcery range, so I sold these on Ebay for a pound each.



Then I won a bag of The Assault Group (TAG) Ottoman artillerymen. These are lovely figures, I will get these onto the painting table very quickly.


2 comments:

  1. Pierre - I don't know whether you've seen them, but Irregular Miniatures have 25/28mm Ottoman figures (and several other ranges which might do for Ottomans). I've just received a couple (also from their Animal range) to see what they are like but, unfortunately, they're just a bit bigger than my Minifigs figures (although I'll be able to use the animals).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - great minds think alike - I bought six sample figures from Irregular at the Vapnartak show in February. I agree about them being a bit bigger than my Minifigs. I am thinking I can mix them with Hinchliffe and Dixon azabs.

      Delete