Sunday 21 April 2019

The Postman Rings Twice

Yesterday, with great timing, the postman rang the doorbell just as I was stepping into the shower. I am pleased he did as he had several goodies for us.

We are planning a trip to Northumberland (or Northumbria - I don't know the difference) to have a look at a few historical sights and some nice scenery. This includes Hadrian's Wall. A lot of readers of retirement age will remember Haynes Maintenance Manuals for home car maintenance. When I was in my teens and younger I recall many men would handle basic routine maintenance themselves at home and would have a Haynes manual for their car. This hobby has now collapsed so Haynes have had a makeover and a repositioning in the market.  Now the hobbyist can buy a Haynes Manual for the Tiger tank or a Lancaster bomber or even:-




The second item was an EBay purchase of a Warlord Games Ravelin.


Just right for an Old Glory Ottoman Siege Cannon, Old Glory & TAG crew

The third item was more Ottoman cavalry, another E bay purchase, this time of Essex Miniatures.



Now I need to get some stuff onto EBay for selling, to provide funds for the next lot of purchases.

My partner, B, also had a parcel, something for her horse, I'm not sure I understand it....


No comments:

Post a Comment