Saturday 4 May 2019

Trip to Dublin


My partner, B, had to go to Dublin on business with an overnight stay in a hotel. She said I could go as well if I paid the air fare. So Wednesday and Thursday was spent in Dublin for a cost of 45 pounds fare on Ryanair.

This was my fist trip to the Emerald Isle. I got to roam around whilst B had to work. Here are some photos of the sights.

The Spire - 120 metres stainless steel, 3 metres dia at base, 15cms at top

Parnell's Monument

Statue of James Joyce

The General Post Office, HQ for the Easter Rising, 1916

Ha'penny Bridge, a toll bridge across the river

In Phoenix Park, Wellington's Monument, with a frieze on each face of the base






The herd of fallow deer in Phoenix Park, not at all bothered about the tourists

Hooded crows

Views of the hills, taken from Phoenix Park



Very smart, new tram system
I have a lot of photos of Magazine Fort in Phoenix Park that I will list separately.


No comments:

Post a Comment