Sunday 12 May 2019

New Tables


About a month ago, I wrote about the new folding tables I had bought for use in our conservatory. I have received a couple of messages about the size of them. The tops create a field of about 6feet X 4 feet, or 1.8 metres X 1.2 metres in new money.

I thought this could be better demonstrated by photographing my first game, a simple Europeans v Ottoman forces, after turn 4.






On seeing the photos, a number of actions become obvious to me.

First - I really must buy a terrain mat, there are some very good 6 X 4 mats on the market.

Second - I need more movement trays, I have placed an order with Warbases.

Third - more flags. I think there would be a lot more flags on the field in the 18th century than I own at the moment.

Fourth - I need more Middle Eastern trees, I bought a bag of palm trees but I have not got around to basing them. I would also like some variety, maybe acacias and cypress, some olive trees for the villages.

So for the next few months, I think I should stop creating new units and sort out the ones I have and complete more terrain features.

No comments:

Post a Comment